Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving work

So, I didn't want to give you guys an essay since we won't have a chance to go over it or talk about it, so instead you will be doing something you are more familiar with. You'll be writing 3 letters (at least a page) from characters in the play to one another. The time or place is determined by you (aka you could do a love note from Abby to Proctor before the play started, or a note from Danforth on his death bed). The theme could vary, it could be an apology note, a love note, a note from proctor to his son before he died, whatever.

What i'm looking for is your in depth understanding of the characters. I want you to demonstrate that you know how they would act in certain situations and I want you to use the language they would use.

Each letter is worth 20 points for a total of 60.

As always, no errors.

Post on blogs before next Tuesday (I don't have you on Monday), and bring in a typed copy as well. (by the way, try and post it as soon as you do it, so that I can grade it earlier....as a favor to me. Don't worry if you don't do it till later though).

They can be as long as you'd like, but at least a page (also keep it in the form of a letter).

Any questions, email me.

Have an outstanding thanksgiving. God bless.

No comments: